Who is Peter Sanders a.k.a Abdul Adzeem? 


"Having photographed almost every famous person in the music industry I got bored and started getting in to spritual things.

I just wanted something else, and so I decided to go to India. I packed everything up and went, looking for a teacher.

Eventually I found one, who was basically a Hindu but had a lot of what we consider 'Muslim Qualities'.

I studied with him for about six months and when I cam back to England, some of my friends had become Muslim.

Then there were other friends who had gotten heavy into drugs and alchohol. It was as if God was saying to me, 'which direction do you want to go?'.

I didn't know very much about Islam but I had dreams and various other things happened to me. So I made a decision to become Muslim without knowing too much about it.

I was 24 years old at the time and within three months of becoming Muslim, I decided to go on Hajj.

I didn't have the money but I just made the intention. My elderly Muslim teacher at that time had also made the intention and I knew that I wanted to go too.

Someone gave me a ticket and I went. It was at the Kaaba that I learnt that my teacher had died on the way."


'A picture paints a thousand words'





Apa yang menarik perhatian saya dan membuat saya cukup tersentuh ialah kesungguhan Peter dalam kerjayanya sebagai seorang fotografer tetapi dalam masa yang sama menjalankan dakwahnya menerusi foto-foto yang dihasilkan.

Dalam foto-fotonya jelas menampakkan kemampuan beliau menjadi seorang professional yang hebat dalam bidangnya tanpa meninggalkan identitinya sebagai seorang Muslim.

Beliau tidak perlu meninggalkan Islam untuk bekerja sebagai seorang Muslim Photographer.

Malah beliau membawa Islam bersama.